Not one. Not two. But THREE knocks on the door left me with a plethora of Ghiraridelli chocolates, a half dozen Cocoa Bean cupcakes and white hot chocolate, and a bouquet of white daisies and red roses. As if I hadn't swooned (or swelled) enough, my sweetheart had a fourth surprise waiting in my mailbox today. I opened it to find the most beautiful handmade jewelry box. From the outside this thing is wooden and intricate, but in true Nathaniel fashion, it comes with some work.

I dare you to try and open it. Go ahead! Not gonna happen. Unless...you know where the hidden key is. And the little pully out things. And the buttons to push. Oh yea...and the key hole. Yep. If you figure that all out, then maybe you might just have what it takes to reveal the real treasure. Hand-written love notes and a husband-made, hand-carved, flower-holding teddy bear. It's okay...you can say it. Spoiled. Rotten.



On another note, can I say how much I love being married? Not because I get showered with gifts and am waited on hand and foot (Nope...isn't even a factor). I love being married because I'm married to 'Thaniel. And he doesn't mind that I call him that. Or that I get grouchy about deployment or that when I talk to him on Skype, I'm either ready for bed or just waking up (he even thinks I look pretty). He doesn't mind running next to me when we work out (even though my "run" is his stroll-in-the-park) or that I leave the measuring cups in the flour bag every time I bake. I don't know how I got so lucky, but I couldn't have gotten better.
No comments:
Post a Comment